Skip to main content

Service Connection Vehicle Benefits

If you are qualified, you can get a lowered floor wheelchair van with a ramp that has been converted for your specific mobility needs in a matter of 3 months or less. The Veteran Administration will pay for $21,058.68 on the Chassis (Dodge. Chrysler, Toyota…) and they will cover the full conversion/adaptive equipment installed. As for the service connection qualifications, the Veteran Administration is looking for Veterans that have served during wartime who have “loss of limb use” tied to their service connection. Fortunately, it is not difficult to find out if you fit in this category.

First, you can look at your “Entitlement Letter” or “Benefits Letter” that has your “Rating Decision” on it. If it mentions the words “adaptive equipment” anywhere in the body of that letter, you should be good to go. Call me, Steve Chandler, and I will begin the process by sending you a 21-4502 VA form to fill out, or you can just print it out from your computer. If for some reason you can not find your “Entitlement Letter”, call the Veteran Office at (800) 827-1000 and they should send you a replacement letter within a week.